Last Updated: 9th November 2019
This website is a personal not-for-profit website and we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit JWChords.org, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), browser's User-Agent information including the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the language your browser can accept, the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily submit any of our forms such as the feedback form or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Your browser requests headers.
We may use these following services:
|Amazon Europe Core SARL||Necessary||Amazon Privacy|
|DigitalOcean, LLC||Necessary||DigitalOcean Privacy|
Google Safeguarding your data
How we use the information?
- We may use the information we collect in connection with the services we provide. We may use the information we collect to provide, operate, and maintain services; provide support and respond to inquiries; to send communications; to prevent fraudulent activity; for any other purpose based on our legitimate interest.
- We may use the information we collect to administer and improve this website.
- We may use aggregated information that’s collected to understand general information and trends related to our website, such as how many users have visited our web site during a given period of time, and the types of devices the visitors use. The information can’t be used to identify an individual and is used by us to help improve the service.
- Fraud Prevention
- Our use of IP addresses is limited to helping identify and combat potentially fraudulent activity. IP addresses are stored in our log-files and are deleted after 30 days.
- Respond to Inquiries
- If you choose to contact us directly we will use your contact information to respond to your inquiry.
This operation is required in order to communicate with your web browsers. Without access to IP data, our web server would not be able to load the website into your web browser.
The server log files may contain more personal data (like usernames) than just the IP addresses.
A server log is a log file(s) which are automatically created and maintained by the server which host the website. There are different type of log files:
- Access logs
- Track and record all the requests for individual files that you requested while browsing our Website.
- Error logs
- Track and record different types of errors.
- Security logs
- Track and record security related events like: login & logout activities, unauthorized access attempts. Access and security logs are required to monitor and maintain website security. Error logs are required to troubleshoot and maintain website and server.
This website is not developed or intended for individuals that are deemed to be children under applicable data protection or privacy laws, nor do we knowingly collect information from children.
"Do Not Track"
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We use SSL/TLS to encrypt communication between our server(s) and your web browser and we use SSH to restrict access to our server(s). We use MFA to restrict access to managing our server(s).